Best Practice: We recommend first-time users to begin by assigning one of Quill’s diagnostics to get a good overview of students’ writing skills. When Students complete a diagnostic, Quill will create an individualized learning plan for each student, so it’s also an easy and fast way to assign activities to students.
Available Diagnostics: Quill currently offers four diagnostics: the Starter, the Intermediate, the Advanced, and the ELL Diagnostic.
Learn more about the diagnostics here.
Viewing a Diagnostic Report
1.Once your students have completed a diagnostic, the next step is to view the results. Select the “Student Reports” tab at the top of your page. Then select the “Diagnostics” card.
2. Select the “View Report” link next to the activity you would like to view.
3. The first view is the “Student” view. It will give you an overview of how each student scored on the diagnostic. Select an individual student’s name to see his or her graded responses to the diagnostic questions.
4. Select the “Questions” tab to see an overview of which questions and topics were most challenging for your students.
5. Select the “Recommendations” tab to view individualized learning plans for each student.
Assigning Diagnostic Recommendations
- Assign the individualized learning plans from the activity analysis report.
2. Select “Student Reports.” Then select “Diagnostics.”
3. Select “View Report” next to the diagnostic.
4. From the report page, select the “Recommendations” tab to view the activities Quill recommends based on the diagnostic results.
5. Select “Assign Activity Packs” to assign Quill’s recommended learning plan. You can also check and uncheck boxes to customize the plan yourself. Students will be assigned up to eight weeks of instruction.
Have more questions?
Please feel free to live chat with us through the green message bubble on the bottom right corner of the screen or email us at email@example.com.